VMware Virtual Data Center
For new VMs, CPU and RAM is selected using the provisioning template in vCloud Director. For existing VMs, adding CPU and RAM and can be controlled within the "Virtual Machines" section in vCloud Director.
It usually takes New Virtual Machines that are self-provisioned through the vCloud Director less than 15 minutes to deploy
You can add vCPU to your Virtual Machines with vCloud Director. The vCloud Director supports hot-adds for immediate changes to Virtual Machines.
VMware vCloud Director allows you to provision and manage your private cloud infrastructure
Console access is provided for each Virtual Machine through vCloud Director
The 3-2-1 backup rule states that organizations should make three copies of their data on two different media types, with one stored offsite.
You can seed your initial backup job with CL8 to reduce the time and bandwidth required. If you want to seed a backup job you will need to open a ticket through CL8 customer portal where further instructions will be provided.
The WAN acceleration feature is enabled but is not supported if you are using Veeam Backup Replication Standard Edition.
You have the ability to enable encryption on not just the transfer but you can encrypt the backup prior to traversing the SSL connection so it is stored encrypted at rest. CL8 does not have access to the data.
Veeam can de-duplicate data before sending it offsite to the repository. However, de-duplicated ratios will depend on the type to data being backed up.
To launch the Service Provider wizard, do one of the following:
- Select the Service Providers node in the inventory pane and click Add Service Provider on the ribbon.
- Right-click the Service Providers node in the inventory pane and select Add service provider.
- Select the Service Providers node in the inventory pane and click Add Service Provider in the working area.
- In the DNS name or IP address field, type vbr.cl8cloud.com
- In the Description field, provide a description for the SP you are adding e.g. CL8 repository.
- In the Port field, specify the port over which your Veeam backup server will communicate with the CL8 cloud gateway. By default, port 6180 is used.
- Click Next
- At the top of the wizard window, Veeam Backup displays information about the TLS certificate obtained from CL8 side. You can view the certificate settings and verify the TLS certificate.
- From the Credentials list, select credentials for the tenant account provided to you. If you have not set up credentials beforehand, click the Manage accounts link or click Add on the right to add necessary credentials.
- Click Next
- Enumeration of storage resources on the cloud repository may take some time. Wait for the processing to complete and click Next.
- At the Apply step of the wizard, wait for the required operations to complete and click Next to continue.
- Click Finish to exit the wizard.